Who Can I Help?
I provide specialised physiotherapy services for babies, toddlers, children, teenagers and young adults with developmental delay or disability. I have extensive experience providing Physiotherapy for children with:
- Cerebral palsy
- Developmental delay, (children who are slow in achieving motor milestones such as rolling sitting, cruising, standing and walking)
- Down Syndrome or other genetic conditions
- Traumatic brain injury
- Movement and gait disorders
- In toeing, out toeing, toe walking or frequent trips and falls
- Problems with back, hips, knees, ankles or feet
- Difficulties with strength or endurance, balance, coordination, participation in physical activity/sport.
How can I help?
I listen to your goals and concerns, and conduct a full assessment of your child’s development and movement patterns. I might assess muscle length, strength and tone, joint and bony alignment, balance, and coordination.
I design therapy programs based on assessment to help you achieve your goals in a way that is fun, effective and based on current research.
I work closely with therapists from other organisations when required, to ensure a wholistic and coordinated approach to therapy. I draw from a range of contemporary approaches, including Bobath Neurodevelopmental Therapy and CME.
Where is therapy provided?
Therapy services at Kids in Motion are family centred. This means that you and your child can choose where, when and how you would like therapy provided. Services can be provided at your home, kindy, school, swimming pool, local gym or at my clinic.
I have 11 years experience with serial casting and am able to provide this service for children with cerebral palsy post botox or for toe walkers to lengthen short muscles and retrain walking.